„We will serve you as well to remember SAUM many years after graduation”
International Relations Department is organized to facilitate the process of internationalization of the education system, promote the University's image internationally and strengthening partnerships with similar foreign institutions and organizations. The SAUM’s International collaboration has been wider developed since 1976, when, at the University Preparatory courses for foreign students have arrived the first 25 international students, representing 12 countries from Asia, Africa and Latin America. Since that time at the Preparatory courses has been trained over 1,000 foreign students, which were successfully were enrolled at SAUM or other higher education institutions in Moldova and other CIS countries. During the period 1976-2010 about 1,150 foreign students from 67 world countries have graduated SAUM and received the MSc degree. Under the leadership of our university professors were trained and defended PhD theses over 100 scientists from: Angola, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Guinea, Iraq, India, Jordan, Yemenis, Korea, Nepal, Syria, Togo, Hungary, Vietnam. SAUM has subsequently diversified international collaboration, due to the expansion of partnership relationships with other organizations and institutions of higher education from abroad. In the past 15 years SAUM participated in implementation of 20 international projects and programs. SAUM has numerous Partnership Agreements and Memorandum of Cooperation signed with Universities from neighboring countries like Romania, Ukraine, Russia, as well as with Universities from other countries like: Italy, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, USA, United Kingdom. Currently, the International Relations Department's strategic objectives are focused on:
- Promoting internationally the image of university by attending meetings, forums, congresses, international conferences and presenting SAUM’s achievements,
- Expanding the community of foreign partners and foreign collaboration agreements for integration of SAUM in the international education system,
- Developing and submitting project proposals in research and educational field funded by international grants and funds,
- Facilitating access of students and teachers to international mobility programs,
- Providing information, advice and assistance for international students, who wish to study at SAUM.